We created a leadership development program:
- To maintain synagogue continuity and develop future leaders of the congregation
- To help those assuming leadership positions, including committee chairs, members of the Board of Trustees and synagogue officers, to be more adequately prepared and trained for their roles.
- To establish “pipelines” of qualified, talented and well-informed volunteers who are ready and able to commit their time and energy to the congregation and to accelerate their progress toward synagogue leadership
- To develop a religious, social and spiritual community among synagogue leadership
- To help future leaders understand the working and history of Congregation Or Ami
- To better provide the future leadership of the congregation with an understanding of Judaism in general and Reform Judaism in particular
The organization and components of the program are as follows:
- Leadership Development Committee
- Potential Participants
- Invitation to Program and Securing a Commitment
- The Sessions (six)
- Materials and Budget
- Session Overview (curriculum)
- Time line
For more information about creating a leadership development program in your congregation, download the Union publication L'Dor Vador: Creating a New Generation of Temple Leadership.